Developing a Safety Procedures Manual
Safety procedures are the backbone of an organization’s Safety Management System. They provide consistency and when followed create a safe working environment and greater productivity due to less injury down time. However, safety procedure writing is more difficult and time consuming than it at first appears. This course will give you the foundation to start writing effective safety procedures.
What Will Students Learn?
- Develop a Safety Procedure Template
- Develop a flowchart to accurately depict process activities
- Use brainstorming to gather necessary information for safety procedure creation
- Understand a variety of procedure types (Step-by-Step, Playscript, Decision Tree, Decision Tables)
- Write and revise Step-by-Step safety procedures
- Add communication elements to safety procedures
What Topics are Covered?
- Setting the Stage
- Safety Procedures Basics
- Gathering Information
- Procedure Writing
- Honing the Draft Procedure
- Some Other Methods
- Procedures Building
Certificate of attendance for each e-learning course you complete.